Thu, 12/21/2017 - 5:00am admin
Rosemary Clawson was born March 12, 1921 to Benny and Mary Capicotte in Niagara Falls, N.Y. Her mother passed when she was six years old and was raised in the Niagara Falls Catholic Orphanage until the age of 12, when she went to live with her grandparents, Vincenzo and Parma Ceraso.
She attended Trott Vocational High School from 1937-39. She worked at Woolworths and the Shredded Wheat Factory during World War II.
Rosemary married James Clawson on Aug. 7, 1943 and the couple moved to Tallahassee, Fla., where he was stationed at Dale Mabry Field while in the Army Air Corps. She moved to Hardin in June of 1945, where the “City Gal” was introduced to the farm and waited for her husband to return at the end of the War.
The couple made their home at the Floyd Warren Corporation until February of 1956, when they moved to Hardin. She was employed at several different retail stores including Anthony’s, Hested’s and the old Ben Franklin’s before going to work at the Hardin City Hall in 1961 for the water department and operator of the police radio. She retired in 1981 after 20 years of service.
Her parents, husband, and brothers Jim and Carmen preceded Rosemary in death.
Survivors include her sons Gary ”Skip” (Donna) of Omaha, Neb., and John (Valerie) of Stevensville, Mont.; granddaughters Tara (Josh) Ropski and Blaire Brookshire; and three great-grandchildren Alina, Olivia and Zane Ropski.
Bullis Mortuary has been entrusted with the arrangements. Should friends desire, memorial contributions may be made to the Big Horn County Historical Museum.